Sunday, June 7, 2009

Secret BBQ Recipe!

Okay, here’s my secret – when I look in my refridgerator and notice a gazillion bottles of leftover “stuff”, then it’s time to make BBQ! I take a big ol’ hunk of pork, cut it up into 2” chunks and toss it all in my crockpot. Then, I take all those half-empty bottles, every last one of them, and empty them out into a big bowl. Mix well, pour over the meat in the crockpot and set ‘er on low for 8 hours. That’s it. It’s that easy. The best part about it is that 1) you now have tons of space in your fridge, and 2) it always tastes good because for the most part, you only bought stuff you liked anyway, right? In our house, that generally translates into “spicy!” This makes great shredded pork for sandwiches, and it freezes well. Mine generally has a wide variety of bbq sauces, salsas, marinades, relishes, mustards, jam or jelly, sometimes an oddball salad dressing, and then a hearty splash of Tabasco sauce and a handful of chopped onions. Trust me, it comes out PERFECT every time!

1 comment:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh Yum Joyce!!! Great idea! Thanks for the "recipe"!

Hugs!
Maryjane