Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Wrap Up

Since I'm not sure WHEN we'll get around to painting this place, last summer I figured I'd cheat and spruce up the front with some additional bungalow style window frames. We designed, built, painted and hung them, and they looked great. This year, facing blistering hot weather, I decided to rehang them with easy on/off old fashioned storm window hangers, and then last weekend I made some nursery shade cloth panels that are velcroed onto the back of them. Instant cool house!! Sun can't get in, we can still see out... I love them!

Original window configuration

Cool new frames WITH shade cloth behind them!



Velcro detail...

1 comment:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

You and Duke always have something clever up your sleeves! Love the new look to your window!

Hugs,
Maryjane