Monday, February 9, 2009

Inside My Trailer

Well, the other night I was chatting with one of my sisters about trailer decor, and it dawned on me that I hadn’t “shared” pictures of the inside of my trailer! It started out in a “cherries” theme which is SO not me, but I had all this red and yellow vintage stuff that I had collected for the vintage picnic basket for our 1949 yellow Buick. The trailer has turquoise appliances, and one day as I was wandering around a fabric store I spotted some red, yellow and turquoise cherry fabric and was off and running with it! I went way overboard, burned out on cherries, and finally redid the whole thing in trout. Oddly, my hubby said he liked the cherry theme better because it was so bright and cheerful! Who'd of guessed? Here are some interior pictures of both themes…




That was a lot of cherries - nearly made me dizzy!!! The trout theme is much more relaxing...

That photo on the stove is my wonderful stepfather, Jim, who orginally taught me to fly fish when I was a young girl. I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but I sure did enjoy it!! If he could only see me now with all my fly fishing sisters, he would have loved it!!

Sisters take bedmaking VERY seriously. The secret combination in mine is four inches of medium firm foam, two inches of memory foam, another two inches of feather bed, then fluffy flannel sheets and a cozy handmade quilt! I made both the cherry quilt and the trout quilt at the same time - I'm not a really serious quilter, so I use the "Quilt In A Day" patterns and that's about how long it takes. I cut everything out for both quilts on Friday night, made the cherry one on Saturday and the trout one on Sunday. Took another afternoon to tie the quilts using perl cotton. Again, I'm not a "quilter" per se. The darn curtains actually took longer than the quilts! I neglected to line the cherry curtains because I was in a big ol' hurry - I lined the trout curtains after seeing how quickly the cherry ones faded. I also have little specks of velcro around all the windows which hold up cut-to-fit sheets of reflective silver foam insulation when the trailer is not in use. That helps stop all the sun damage. My next trailer is going to be very neutral and generic so I can easily change themes - I so want to do a "tasteful" Halloween theme!!!


No comments: