Friday, October 10, 2008

I Love October!!

October has to be my favorite month! I love the chilly weather, I love all the fall recipes, and I love Halloween! This year we'll be camping again, so won't get to have all the fun decorating the yard and house, but I will get to decorate our trailer and campsite! How fun is that??? I'll post pictures when we return home! Tonight it is already down to 33 with the windchill - I brought in my tomato plant - pretty sad story, I ordered it online, it arrived in June, I didn't get it planted until July, and it dutifully spent the next TWO MONTHS growing itself the mother of all root systems! It lost every single leaf, and then a couple weeks ago it went "TA-DA"!!! and started growing leaves again. What choice did I have?? So there it sits in a big plastic tub in the middle of the living room with a fence around it to keep out Miss Libby, the "busy basset". A few years ago I had a volunteer tomato plant in the house and by Easter I had fresh tomotoes! Wish me luck with this one! Hubby thinks I'm nuts...

2 comments:

The Vintage Housewife... said...

oooh happy fall to you!!! what an adorable picture...where you going camping you very lucky lady...are you taking your sweet lil' trailer and your potty house...oooh how i have potty envy!!!!! hee hee...i left a comment on your kern post as well...thanks again for all you did in your adorable aprons!!!! blessings cat#997

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Joyce, you are so darn cute! You must take a picture of the tomato plant in your LR! I am sure it is a happy camper (ha ha!)! Halloween at the Kern sounds FUN to me! Are you going back for Thanksgiving as in the past? Next year all our kids will be at their in-laws, so we may join you in 2009 if you go! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your trailer all decked out for Halloween!

Love ya!
Maryjane