Sunday, December 20, 2009

Something Christmassy...

Since I didn’t put up a tree or any decorations this year except for a strand of lights on the outside of the house, I thought I’d share some pics of past years. This little tree sits on our dining room table. On it are the vintage pinecones from my grandmother, and these STUNNING pink balls from my dad and stepmom. My Anna Lee critters fit right in!

The pastel dish is also from my stepmother and I just adore it, so I made a little tree skirt to tie the whole thing together. So not my colors, doesn’t match a single thing in our house, but I love it! And it is so much fun to make cookies to match each section...

Here's an old photo of our POWDER BLUE flocked tree with those PINK balls on our GOLD carpet next to the TURQUOISE sofa. Okay, all together now, oooOOOooo!!! I mean YIKES! That color combo is nearly painful to behold!
This was our tree… we have mostly glass ornaments - fruit, pinecones, nuts, and Victorian “clippie” birds, but storing it took up way to much room in the shed that we “remodeled” and reorganized over Thanksgiving, so, it went to the thrift shop along with the other truckloads of stuff I’ve hauled out this fall. I’ll be looking for a slimmer tree for next year.

Margo & Debbie came by on Friday to visit my “patient” and they played Santa Claus! They brought and decorated a big potted rosemary shaped like a Christmas tree (smells wonderful!), a potted poinsettia, the fresh wreath I had ordered, and the cutest little Santa “blizzard” globe – has a fan and snow that whirls at about F-4 level! Hilarious! Isn’t he adorable?? Can’t you just hear him screaming

“TURN...(swirlswirlswirl)...IT(swirlswirlswirl)...OFF!!!”

No comments: