Friday, December 18, 2009

Patient Update

Breakthrough! Doctor from ER called yesterday to badger Duke - asked him why he couldn't just drive over... is this guy clueless? Duke had to get downright rude to get him off the phone. Then he calls me at work and asks if I had "forgotten" to bring Duke back for bloodwork. I told him I had not forgotten, I just wasn't bringing him over. He finally decided it would be "okay" for the home nurse to come to our house to draw blood and deliver it to the hospital. Imagine that. Still have a few more blisters appearing, but there is no infection, it is merely fluid trying to escape. The physical therapist just left, and she was very pleased with the progress so far. Now I just need to catch up on some of my missing sleep! I am in zombie mode...zzzzz...

Oh, before I forget - yesterday's spontaneous, humorous, drug-induced conversation:

"SIX!!"
"Six what?"
"Six eyes!"
"What in the heck are you talking about?!"
"You asked me how many eyes I had!"
Sigh.

No comments: