Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Prom... At My Age? Are You NUTS?!

Nope, I'm not nuts, I'm a Sister... a Sister on the Fly, and we have more fun than anyone! Just ask any one of over 1,000 of us! One of our sillier things is the Cowgirl Prom - these happen at various events, but this will be my first one. I found (CHEAPLY) what I thought was a tasteful, unappreciated bridesmaid dress from the pitiful selection on the sale rack at a bridal shop - it has since been brought to my attention that NO prom dress is tasteful, so, I'll just say this one was one of the "least ghastly". It had to be either brown or green to match my gorgeous Donald Pliner mules (killer find on ebay)... add a couple yards of sparkly bargain basement fabric from Joann's for a wrap, some delightful green Wooly Bugger flies for earrings and this girl ready for prom night! Don't want to give too much away here, but I'll share this one picture... is anyone else suddenly craving CHOCOLATE??



4 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

LOVE those shoes Joyce! Yes, killer mules! I want some just like yours! Hummmm, yes, I am craving chocolate now! Off to take a huge spoonful of frosting from my stach in the frig!

Hugs,
Maryjane

lysabug said...

Can't wait to see your prom pictures.

Lysabug >=)

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Did you say Prom?!!!
I want to go.....have filled out my paperwork to be a Sister....need to pay my dues though :)

My Fireball is in the shop getting painted and I have a surprise coming home soon.

Love your trailer!!!!

The Vintage Housewife... said...

ekkkk! those sassy shoes are purfect! now doll you gotta sass it up with some junk jewels...i love the fly earings...you gals are gonna have a ball...will certianly miss my sisters...have a blast...i will see you in kern...i can't wait...blessings cat
ps...i loved the coon-hound story...hee hee